21 QUESTIONS: JOIE DE VIVRE WITH MODEL ELIZABETH CHEVALIER
French ladies have always had that ‘je ne sais quoi’, and none more so than one with a name that evokes both that French flair and Elegance: Elizabeth Chevalier. She has modeled for Playboy, Maxim, FHM, LFM and Cosmo just to name a few!
The Sandton Times had the opportunity to catch up with this international glamour model in 21 Questions.
1. S/T: Elizabeth, you were born in France, no?
No, not born in France, but my father was! I was born in sunny San Diego, California. I must also add that my father is completely French, and my mother is half French!
2. S/T: Is what you’re doing now, what you always wanted to do growing up?
No, I always wanted to go to grad school for aspiring Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, graduate, and become a veterinarian! I love animals.
3. S/T: Are you an exhibitionist at heart, or was it difficult taking that step into nude?
I was always and will always be comfortable being nude, and was raised to be completely comfortable in my own skin.
4. S/T: What typical French thing is your favourite: passionate kissing, drinking champagne or wearing lingerie?
(laughs) All three! I was just in Paris with my boyfriend this July at the Shangri-La hotel in a suite overlooking the Eiffel Tower and I must admit it went in this order lingerie, drinking champagne, and passionate kissing. It was the most romantic thing that has ever happened to me that my boyfriend surprised me on a romantic getaway to Paris and he wrote it on this note, and I will keep that note till the day I die.
5. S/T: What’s your favourite childhood memory?
My favourite childhood memory would have to be having block parties in our cul-de-sac. Everyone’s children were the same age – there would be dogs running around, early 2000’s pop music blasting, a snow cone machine, and a grill for hotdogs and hamburgers. I had a very American upbringing, and I loved every minute of it. The best part of these block parties was that we were the only house on the block that had a pool, and everyone would end up at our house at the end of the party! It was the best childhood imaginable.
6. S/T: If you were a cocktail, what would you be and why?
Gin and Tonic, but for no good reason other than I love it, and it’s my drink of choice.
7. S/T: Good choice – nothing like a good G&T. Having a biological background, any plans of going into the medical field at some point?
No, I did exactly what I wanted and I feel very pleased in what I have already accomplished. My whole dream was to take that and go to vet school, but that dream is now a pipe dream at this point. I am very happy where I am now, but I would like to work for charities specifically directed towards raising awareness for animals. I have also been looking into the business of animal therapy dogs, and wanting to work with them going to children’s hospitals or working with students with disabilities. I have much background in this as I was a sick child, and an inpatient for six years of my childhood. I remember the best part was having the therapy dogs come comfort me.
8. S/T: Have you had any magical medical enhancements happen on your body?
No, but the one thing every woman has asked me is if I had my lips done. I think it is a such a compliment, but I get them from my grandmother.
9. S/T: You have an extensive list of things you have done and achieved – which one is the one that stands out and why?
I would say the coolest thing I have ever experienced was seeing myself on a billboard on Sunset Boulevard and Roxbury in Hollywood. I literally parked my car in front staring at the billboard for an hour waiting for someone to come and pinch me. I have to give it to the 138 water team they are the best!
10. S/T: Have you been to the Playboy Mansion? What’s it really like?
Yes, I have and to be honest it’s very nice but not as spectacular as everyone makes it out to be.
11. S/T: Well a bit hard to compete with the Shangri-La hotel in a suite overlooking the Eiffel Tower! What, in your opinion, is your best feature?
I would say my lips, I have this very high cupids bow and very naturally full lips.
12. S/T: If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?
I would keep…my camera, my memory foam bed, Kinder chocolate, my dolly from when I was a baby, and my vintage Rolex.
13. S/T: What’s on your bucket list this year?
Traveling more, seeing my brother play football, be around family more, and being with my boyfriend as much as possible!
14. S/T: What do you think about when you’re by yourself?
Everything! I am an over-thinker, but then I get numb of all these thoughts and just want to watch a video or look at an article takes my mind off the anxiety.
15. S/T: What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
(laughs) A lot of things! I would like it if people could just stop preaching their political and religious views, that would be great. I see in the near future the world being overcome due to political and religious dogma.
16. S/T: You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. Who are those three people?
Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and my Grandpa Dewey. My Grandpa knew Elvis before he was famous, and my grandpa loved Johnny Cash. I would just loved to hear them talk.
17. S/T: What is that ‘je ne sais qui’ a guy needs to have?
I love a clean cut guy who acts as much as he talks.
18. S/T: We’re coming over for dinner – what’s your signature dish for the evening?
100% dry rub BBQ ribs with this Chicago rub you can only get in Chicago, and some green bean casserole.
19. S/T: We’ve just called an UBER – be over there shortly! Unsurprisingly, because this is a blog dedicated to Africa’s richest square mile, detail your most ostentatious night out?
I was shooting for the movie “The Entourage” and we had shot the scene in the ball room at The Beverly Hilton where the Golden Globes was set to be shot at the next day. Funny enough the scene we shot was supposed to look like we were pretending that the character “Drama” in Entourage was receiving an award at the Golden Globes. It was crazy, I met Mark Wahlberg that day and the entire cast of Entourage. Anyways, after we wrapped up I was invited to a Golden Globe party in the hills and wore a beautiful black ball gown and looked and felt like a million dollars. I get to the party and met Sean Penn and Charlize Theron. The craziest moment of the whole night was when Sean Penn hitched a ride in our private car to go back to his hotel. I would have to say it was one of the glitziest Hollywood nights of my life. It definitely wasn’t the best night of my life that has to go to the recent surprise weekend in Paris.
20. S/T: When will we be seeing you in-the-flesh in South Africa?
It’s something that has been discussed and I hope to make it happen within the next year. I want to see the penguins on the beach!
21. S/T: And they want to see you for sure! Where can fans connect and see more of you?
Fans can see more of me on Instagram and Snapchat @marieechev. Marie, thanks for taking the time to chat to us!