FORBES AFRICA AND CAPITEC BANK TO CO-HOST INAUGURAL UNDER-30 MEET-UP
FORBES AFRICA and Capitec Bank will co-host the inaugural FORBES AFRICA Under-30 Capitec Meet-Up on On Thursday, July 12. This will be the first time the Under-30 event, hosted in the United States annually, will see an African edition come to life.
Taking place at the Wanderers Club in Johannesburg, the full-day event will feature young ‘movers and shakers’ out to change the world, including some of the FORBES AFRICA Under-30 cover stars (#Under30Meetup). Participants will be able to connect, engage and learn from a wide range of speakers, including youthful pioneers from a range of sectors. Confirmed South African speakers include:
– Rea Ngwane, Director at KreamFields
– Rivo Mhlari, CEO of Rikatec
– Alexander Knieps, Founder of Printulu
– Joey Friedman, Founder LA Group of Companies
– Vere Shaba, Founder of Shaba & Ramplin Green Building
– Anatii, Producer, Writer, Director and Artist
– Kwesta, Rapper and Entrepreneur
“In South Africa, there is a need to change the narrative about employment opportunities for young people and with this event we want to provide young people a platform to engage with role models and to feel encouraged about the future. The event will bring together young people to participate in conversations with peers from across the continent about how to make it in business, build a career and live better.”
– Head of Brand at Capitec Bank, Sbusiso Kumalo
Some of the sessions from the full-day event will include:
– ‘The Garage’ – a panel featuring African entrepreneurs who kicked-off their businesses in their garage.
– ‘Live Better Pop-Ups’ – short talks from FORBES AFRICA Under-30 cover stars.
– Robot Talk – a conversation between an iTouch medical robot and Pepper, South Africa’s first humanoid robot, to showcase Artificial Intelligence.
– ‘How to be a boss to a 50-year-old’ panel
– Making it in the Creative Economy
Special guests for the #Under30Meetup include:
- Rakesh Wahi, the publisher of FORBES AFRICA, and the co-founder and vice chairman of Africa Business News (ABN), synonymous with CNBC Africa.
- André du Plessis, Capitec Bank’s Chief Financial Officer.
- John Sanei, best-selling author, keynote speaker, futurist and South Africa’s first faculty member at Singularity University
In June, the FORBES AFRICA Under 30 edition featured 90 young African change-makers split across three categories (business, technology and creative). The annual watch-list has become one of the highest selling editions for FORBES AFRICA, showcasing Under-30’s in the driving seat of Africa’s next big start-ups and major business ventures, featuring Cassper Nyovest, Nomzamo Mbatha and Shekhinah, to highlight only a few.
“The June issue of FORBES AFRICA on Africa’s most promising ‘Under-30s’ was a sell-out! At the first-ever ‘FORBES AFRICA Under-30 Capitec Meet-Up’ the energy, tenacity and accomplishments of young Africans will be on show at this unique event. It promises to be a highly interactive and informative gathering of capable young entrepreneurs, innovators and influencers sharing their journeys on how they’ve made it.”
– Editor of FORBES AFRICA, Methil Renuka
WEEKLY FLIGHT SPECIALS STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Sign-up to MEGA FLIGHT DEALS, your one stop for non-stop cheap flights! Book cheap flights both domestic and internationally through a quick, easy to use interface. MEGA FLIGHT DEALS provides an online booking facility for cheap airline deals, including South African Airways (SAA), British Airways (BA), Mango, Kulula, FlySafair, SA Airlink and more!
You won’t need to check the Powerball Plus results to get a great flight deal!