FORBES AFRICA WELCOMES KBN TO ANNUAL UNDER 30 MEET-UP
The Beryl Group’s Kingdom Business Network [KBN] has thrown its support behind the 2019 FORBES AFRICA Under 30 Meet-Up.
Pan-African diversified investment company, the Beryl Group, under its programme Kingdom Business Network [KBN] will be supporting this year’s FORBES AFRICA Under 30 Meet-Up on June 28 in Johannesburg.
KBN is a programme created and funded by the Beryl Group to inspire entrepreneurs to create and acquire sustainable wealth enabling them resources and training to build and develop their communities and positively impact their generation.
“We are passionate about developing quality entrepreneurs who will have a positive impact on their communities – our goal is to empower 1000 entrepreneurs across Africa by 2022.”
– Chairman of the Beryl Group, Neverl Kambasha.
The sold-out event will bring together some remarkable speakers covering all aspects of entrepreneurship and brand building, drawing from personal experience.
Confirmed speakers from across the continent include:
• Media personality and entrepreneur BONANG MATHEBA
• MOHAMMED DEWJI, President of MeTL Group and Africa’s youngest billionaire
• South African Fashion Designer GERT-JOHAN COETZEE
• LINDA MABHENA-OLAGUNJU, Managing Director of DLO Energy Resources Group
• MARNUS BROODRYK, Founder and CEO of The Beancounter
• SYLVESTER CHAUKE, Founder of DNA Brand Architects
• Founder and President of CliffCentral.com, GARETH CLIFF
• Entrepreneur BUSI MKHUMBUZI
• Ugandan female kickboxing champion PATRICIA APOLOT
• Founder/CFO of the Sierra Leone-based solar energy company EasySolar, NTHABISENG MOSIA
• SABRINA SIMADER, an alpine skier from Kenya
“We are excited to have the Beryl Group show its support for Africa’s youth and this exciting annual gathering. Whilst many other organizations are very vocal about their purported support of youth initiatives, it is great to see companies like the Beryl Group, through its Kingdom Business Network [KBN] programme, taking action to bring such assertions to life! As the youth unemployment rate for those aged 15–24 years old in the South African labour market reaches 55,2% in the 1st quarter of 2019, it is now more than ever that young people need the guidance and encouragement to initiate their own ventures, to curb this escalating number.”
– Convener of the FORBES AFRICA Under 30 Meet-Up, Alexander Leibner
Highlights of the agenda will include:
• Identifying current and future business opportunities in the economy
• Unlocking government and institutional funding
• Mentorship by established business leaders
• Scaling and building business capacity
The day is set to tackle many real-world issues and opportunities, with sessions ranging from business idea generation and identifying market prospects, to ascertaining funding channels and getting first-hand advice from some of the continent’s most successful minds.
The cover stars of the 2019 FORBES AFRICA 30 Under 30 list will also be revealed on the day, as they join the Under 30 alumni from the previous years as well as fellow influencers and a select group of ticket holders who will connect, engage and learn from a wide range of speakers on the day, unpacking the nuances of getting ahead with peer insights from those pioneering new ideas.
The fifth annual FORBES AFRICA 30 Under 30 list, releasing in a Special Issue of FORBES AFRICA in July this year, will feature 120 young African change-makers for the first time, increasing from 90 the previous year; with 30 finalists in each of the four categories – business, technology, arts and sport. The annual watch-list has become one of the highest-selling editions for FORBES AFRICA, showcasing Under 30s in the driving seat of Africa’s next big start-up, creative concept, or rising business venture.
“The gathering looks to highlight those bright minds and young pioneers, who through their own innovative thinking and efforts, choose to create their own economy, generating value not only for themselves, but for the people and communities around them. These will be the green shoots who over the coming months and years, will contribute to creating to new jobs and economic opportunity.”
– Managing Editor of FORBES AFRICA, Methil Renuka
House of BNG will be the Official Celebration Partner of this year’s FORBES AFRICA Under 30 Meet-Up and all 120 FORBES AFRICA 30 Under 30 list-makers will be gifted a special bottle of House of BNG Méthode Cap Classique to toast their 2019 title.
Tasty and refreshing, PURA Soda will be keeping delegates and speakers well re-energized as the Official Refreshment Partner, whilst MSTARR Productions will be the FORBES AFRICA Under 30 Meet-Up’s Official AV Partner. Proudly South African Bathu, will be ensuring the FORBES AFRICA Under 30 Meet-Up crew will be decked out in the latest footwear.