THE SEARCH IS ON FOR MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2017
The search has begun for the young woman who will follow in the footsteps of the current Miss South Africa, Ntandoyenkosi Kunene, and become one of South Africa’s most prominent ambassadors.
Entries are now open for the 2017 Miss South Africa Pageant and close on August 27 this year. The Miss South Africa pageant will be held in March 2017 when current incumbent Ntandoyenkosi Kunene will hand over her crown to her successor. Miss South Africa 2017 will have the opportunity to represent her country and compete in both the Miss World and Miss Universe pageants.
The winner – to be crowned at a live televised ceremony to be held at Sun City at the end of March 2017 – will receive R1-million in cash, a car, an international holiday and other prizes in a package that exceeds R2-million. The finalists for 2017 will each receive a R25 000 cash prize.
“I am only a quarter into my reign and already the title has changed my life. I have met South Africans from all walks of life and I am looking forward to competing on the international arena at the end of the year. I would encourage young women to enter the competition. You grow as a person and it gives you opportunities beyond your wildest dreams.”
– Miss South Africa, Ntandoyenkosi Kunene
“Every year we are introduced to inspiring, intelligent and compassionate young women from around the country. This year we look forward to finding another powerful ambassador for the Miss South Africa brand and are delighted that Cell C is once again on board.”
– Sun International PR Manager, Claudia Henkel
Those who think they have what it takes can register online on the Miss South Africa website: www.suninternational.com/MissSA
All entrants that have registered online must attend regional judging. The Sandton date and venue is August 27 at The Maslow Hotel.
Registration is from 7am. Documentation, to accompany each entrant at the regional judging, includes:
- A copy of the entrant’s birth certificate, ID book or passport.
- Two recent A4 colour photographs (One head and shoulders, one full length) dressed appropriately.
- Please note that these photographs will not be returned.
- A copy of the entrant’s matric certificate.
- Only one entry form per contestant can be submitted.
MISS SOUTH AFRICA SELECTION CRITERIA
All Miss SA applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old and not older than 27 years in February 2017.
- Be a South African citizen and in possession of a valid South African ID document or passport.
- Be in possession of a matric certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Not be married and never have had a marriage annulled.
- Not be engaged.
- Never been pregnant, never have given birth and not be pregnant.
- Not have any visible tattoos.
- Have no criminal record.
Miss South Africa rules:
1. Rules of the Miss Universe and Miss World pageants are applicable to all Miss SA entrants.
2. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Non-disclosure of any information that is pertinent to entering Miss SA will lead to disqualification i.e. criminal record/dethroning etc.
4. All Miss SA finalists will be required to perform a limited number of engagements. She will therefore not be eligible to enter another national competition except with the written permission from the organisers.
5. Finalists will be contracted to Sun International from December 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017.
6. The new Miss SA will remain contracted to Sun International to perform community related projects for two years after the completion of her reign, subject to a maximum of 12 days per year.
The criteria set out above are in accordance with international pageant requirements.
All enquiries or pageant/entry related questions must be e-mailed to: email@example.com
Introducing Gap and Lifestyle cover, from medical insurance that helps you cover medical payment shortfalls, from as little as R188 per month to accident, serious illness or unexpected death cover, from as little as R83 per month. For a complimentary and obligation free quote on competitive Gap and Lifestyle cover, leave your details below and a consultant will call you with further information: